Saturday, November 20, 2010

21 more sleeps!!!

Just 21 more sleeps and so much to do!
We have completed passport visa paperwork and sent it off. Crazy story about finally getting our passports done, but bottom line is they are done.
I am slowly checking things off my list of packing supplies that I am collecting more and more of.
I have bought Christmas presents for Kennah and Savannah's teachers. I am sorting through the closet of clothes and seperating clothes that fit Kennah and now clothes for Tya... I emptied one of Kennah's drawers for Tya...Jeff is fixing the floor in the bedroom...and we found a new crib for Tya that we pick up tomorrow and make Kennah's bed into a "big girl" bed...
This morning... for the first time we heard Kennah express some trepidation over Tya coming..." I ahhh, I ummm, I mumble mumble... I am not...." Jeff picked her up and held her close and asked her to tell him what she said... and she said she did not know if she wanted to tell him... he said, "you can tell daddy anything."... she said, "I am not sure I want Tya to come now." My poor baby girl. Jeff gave her tons of hugs and held her close and reassured her of our love and her place in our family...then I held her and gave her kisses all over her sweet face...I read her stories " You are all my favourites." and " I love you the Purplest" ... but I know it will just take time and she will see our heart just grows to include them all... and the love never changes...I love them all the most...Savannah, Kennah and Tya. I remember thinking I could never love another person as much as I loved Savannah... and then when we had Kennah, I knew the love does not change or go away, you just love another person with that equal and amazing intensity that there is nothing in the world like... the love you have for each of your children.

1 comment:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Jen, you said that perfectly! It's so exciting now. We need to get together very soon. Hope all continues to go very well up till your departure. xox